You may be an entertaining expert, but are you eco-chic?
These days a hostess needs to be both stylish and sustainable. To show you that you don’t have to sacrifice one for the other, we are dedicating the entire month of April to our favorite green event vendors, luxe products and smart services.
Our special series, called Eco-Chic Entertaining, will be your guide to living (and partying) green. To get you started, Notes on a Party introduces:
Top Ten Tips for an Eco-Chic Event
1. Send Digital Invitations. Easy, inexpensive and paper-free.
2. Serve Organic and Locally Grown Food. Buy farm fresh, eat well.
3. Drink Organic Cocktails. Better ingredients make better cocktails.
4. Rent Glassware. Disposables look cheap and are wasteful.
5. Play Your iPod. A portable DJ without all the gear.
6. Use Organic Flowers and Eco-Friendly Decor. Sustainable is chic.
7. Choose a Convenient Venue. Stay local and travel less.
8. Print on Recycled Paper with Non-Toxic Ink. Be stationery smart.
9. Compost and Recycle Garbage. Clean up waste responsibly.
10. Buy Carbon Offsets. Reduce energy then pay for your party imprint.
Have an Eco-Chic Entertaining tip to share? Leave us a comment!
PHOTO CREDIT: Courtesy of GRDN.